Elsevier and The American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) have been united in providing an advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) training and certification solution since 2002. Now, with the introduction of the ACLS Blended Learning Solution, healthcare employers and professionals have a convenient and flexible way to allow learners to access ACLS content whenever and wherever they choose. By combining the benefits of flexibility, productivity, and cost savings of online training with face-to-face skills verification by an ASHI-authorized instructor, instructors and learners are able to devote more time and focus on the critically important development of skill quality and effectiveness.
ACLS Blended Learning Solution is an evidence-based solution for certification in adult advanced cardiac life support that meets the requirements of The Joint Commission standard for resuscitation training (PC.02.01.11 EP 4). Additionally, it is based on the on the 2005 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) Science with Treatment Recommendations, the same evidence base used to produce the American Heart Association®, Inc. (AHA) ACLS training courses and products. This innovative blended learning solution provides the right combination of media to provide a high educational impact, including:
- 8 core online lessons that provide a solid educational foundation for ACLS
- 1 lesson of case studies that offers 10 realistic examples of patients in need of advanced cardiac intervention
- A comprehensive final examination that offers continuing education credit for nurses*, physicians€, respiratory therapists‡, and emergency medical professionals†
- Substantive, full-color images on nearly every screen
- An e-version of Mosby’s ACLS Study Guide, Third Edition, the best-selling work of author Barbara Aehlert, RN, BSPA